Sunday, November 7, 2021

Poppi: A Great Alternative to Soda

 

Soda is a weakness for many people and how can you blame them? Cherry Pepsi, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, and Sprite just taste so good! But it's not always good for you. I've been working hard on phasing out soda from my diet though I don't drink as much as I used to. In place of soda, I've resorted to the Clear Americana, Walmart exclusive brand of sparkling water; specifically the black cherry and wild cherry flavors. (In case you haven't caught on, I LOVE cherry flavored beverages. 

Poppi came across as an advertisement on TikTok in conjunction with the show "Shark Tank." For those that aren't familiar with "Shark Tank," it's a show for entrepreneurs to present their inventions/products in front of a panel of "Sharks" to gain investment in their product. Poppi was one of those products. It seemed intriguing to me so I bought a can from Target for $2.49 to try this non-soda soda. The results were surprising. It is delicious and a great alternative to soda. I love the raspberry rose flavor and recently tried their strawberry lemon flavor. It tastes lighter than real soda and dare I say, cleaner, in a sense? Apple cider vinegar is one of the ingredients in the raspberry rose flavor but it's not overpowering. I feel like I'm drinking healthy though like all healthier products, it will begin to burn a hole in your pocket. It is $2.49 a can in Target but for a case of 12, you're talking $24.99 (at Wegman's) or $29.88 a case of 12 from Amazon. So if you love Poppi like I do, you will likely get a case, once a month or so or stick to getting a can every so often, when you can can. (Get it? Yes, I felt the need to toss in a corny joke, now my entry is complete.) 

If you are looking to stray away or cut back on your soda intake, I do recommend trying a can of Poppi. One can is affordable and a nice treat for yourself without the guilt of high sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Go seek Poppi, it be good to you! (Yes a play on Poppi for Papi but again, i just couldn't help myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment